反身代名詞 (Reflexive Pronoun)
代名詞字尾是 -self (單數) 或 -selves (複數) ，用以表示「...自己的」之意思，稱之為反身代名詞。
She blamed herself for everything that went wrong.
When working on an introduction, I ask myself what makes the story interesting.
You must take care of yourself.
Michael introduced himself and extended his hand.
She _______ herself.
(A) worn (B) dressed
- I couldn't stop me from posting this!
- I couldn't stop myself from posting this!
The data speak for _______.
(A) itself (B) themselves
One could walk away with a shrug and let the number speak for _______.
(A) themselves (B) itself
- I pride me on never missing an election. Since 1990, when I first became eligible, I have never passed up a chance to vote.
- I pride myself on never missing an election. Since 1990, when I first became eligible, I have never passed up a chance to vote.
History tends to repeat itself.
- Chairman Buffett and myself welcome you to the shareholder meeting.
- Chairman Buffett and I welcome you to the shareholder meeting.
- "心意才是重要" 表示某人在買禮物給你時所表現出的善意要比禮物本身更為重要。
- "It's the thought that counts" means the kindness someone shows when they buy you a present is more important than the gift themself.
- "It's the thought that counts" means the kindness someone shows when they buy you a present is more important than the gift itself.
動詞 "cut", "kill", "enjoy", "teach", "hurt", "prepare" 後面也經常出現反身代名詞。
Be careful with that knife. You might cut yourself.
I am teaching myself to do the programming.
Come on, why aren't you dancing? Enjoy yourself!
I did it myself.
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
I myself don't know the answer.
myself don't know the answer.
Paul polished the Porsche himself.
Paul polished the Porsche
- He went to the movie(s) by .
- The contract was written by the partners .
- Laura should not be allowed to go out late night by .
- I bought it for .
- Did you ever ask "why"?
- A new generation puts at risk.
- We would never say such a thing.