介系詞 to + 動名詞
不定詞的形式是 『to + 動詞原式』，但是某些特殊的動詞、形容詞與名詞習慣性後面跟著介系詞 to 形成一種慣用語，這時候 to 後面就不能用動詞原式，必須使用動名詞。
動詞 + 介系詞 to + 動名詞
- I don’t think anyone will object to leave early.
- I don’t think anyone will object to leaving early.
- I look forward to work with the new mayor.
- I look forward to working with the new mayor.
- She confessed to steal the money.
- She confessed to stealing the money.
- Malala has devoted her life to fight for education for children.
- Malala has devoted her life to fighting for education for children.
Be + 形容詞 + 介系詞 to + 動名詞
- The congressman was opposed to increase taxes.
- The congressman was opposed to increasing taxes.
- Much of his spare time was devoted to catalog his stamp collection.
- Much of his spare time was devoted to cataloging his stamp collection.
- He is addicted to gamble.
- He is addicted to gambling.
- Taiwan Test Central is committed to help you succeed in English.
- Taiwan Test Central is committed to helping you succeed in English.
『形容詞 + to + 動名詞』？ 還是 『形容詞 + to + 動詞原式』？
- She was determined to weight.
- We are committed to that your information is secure.
- I am glad to from you.
- We are dedicated to you improve your English skills.
- We are sorry to you the bad news.
名詞 + 介系詞 to + 動名詞
- Everyone's reaction to win a game is different.
- Everyone's reaction to winning a game is different.
- His dedication to teach was impressive.
- His dedication to teaching was impressive.
- Her problem is her addiction to gamble.
- Her problem is her addiction to gambling.
- His devotion to cook allowed him to win the competition.
- His devotion to cooking allowed him to win the competition.