疑問代名詞 (Interrogative Pronouns)
疑問代名詞是一種疑問詞，它引導問句，用以問何人、何事、何物。由疑問代名詞所引導的問句，通常是詢問些不能用簡單的 yes/no 來回答的問題。
|who||Who told you?|
|whom||Whom did she marry?|
|她嫁給了誰? (whom 作動詞 marry 的受詞)|
|whose||Whose is this one?|
|這是誰的呢？(Whose 作主詞 this one 的補語)|
|which||Which do you like?|
|你喜歡哪一個？(Which 作 like 受詞)|
|what||What is your name?|
|你叫什麼名字？(What 作主詞 your name 的補語)|
who, whom, whose 只能用來問人。主格 who 是用來當主詞或補語。受格 whom 是用來當受詞。所有格 whose 用以表示「誰的」。
Who told you?
Who is the girl walking down the street?
Whom did she marry?
To whom do you wish to speak?
Whose is this one?
- did you step on?"
- talked to you today?
- For did he waiting?
- ate the pizza?
- daughter did you see in the park?
- To did the prize go?"
- does Cindy love?
- Sarah 是我昨天提到的人。
- Sarah is the person who I mentioned yesterday.
- Sarah is the person whom I mentioned yesterday.
- Whom took my pen?
- Who took my pen?
What 通常用來詢問「非人的事物」； Which 則可以用在詢問「人」或詢問「事物」。
What is your name?
What did she say?
Which do you like?
Which of your parents do you feel closer to?
- came first, the chicken or the egg?
- do you think we should invite?
- did he say?
- has been sitting in my chair?
- wrote the book Harry Potter?
- I demand to know did to .
Here are six questions Neil Postman says we must ask when someone tells us about a new technology -
- What is the problem to which this technology is a solution?
- Whose problem is it?
- What new problems might be created by solving the original problem?
- Which people and what institutions will be most seriously harmed by this new technology?
- What changes in language are being forced by these new technologies?
- What sort of people and institutions gain special economic and political power from this new technology?